Distillation, Reactive Distillation, Crystallization, Solid-Liquid Separations, Absorption and Adsorption Process Development and Improvement
Chemical separation processes are only successful if the products can be separated and purified to meet the required specifications. MATRIC personnel have an exceptionally deep background in separations technology, covering a wide range of applications including chemical distillation and reactive distillation process improvements. These activities have spanned the range from laboratory studies to large-scale chemical plant applications.
Key personnel have worked on projects including:
- Separation of liquids and solids from mixtures obtained by processing of biomass
- Dewatering of sludges and suspended particulates
- Multiple techniques for filtration and centrifugation
- Crystallization of organic products from water and organic solvents
- Liquid-liquid extraction processes
- Controlled precipitation of fine particles during a process
- Design of crystallizers for batch and continuous operations
- Distillation technology, including reactive distillation
- Membrane separations and pervaporation
- Adsorption and absorption processes
MATRIC is a non-profit contract research and development firm with a unique, industrial heritage and deep expertise in chemical process technologies, R&D and scale up services for the chemical industry.
Working alongside MATRIC allows chemical companies to quickly launch development projects, overcome technical challenges, minimize long-term capital and operating costs, and anticipate and control risk.
- Unbiased technical guidance with no IP ownership encumbrances;
- Low risk service arrangements to allow for quick start and stop of technical program work;
- Proven, industry-focused and diverse technical expertise;
- Uncommon and available lab, pilot plant, and development plant facilities and infrastructure; and
- Technology development methodologies that are powerful, proven and established.